Jun 2014 – Present
Freelance Journalist based in Beirut
Journalist for Italy’s leading national newspaper Corriere della Sera and for the Brussels-based EU Observer (both as freelance) and for the TGCOM24.
Jun 2013 – Jun 2014
Communication officer @Gaza
The United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA)
- Chief editor for the Weekly report from Gaza.
- Drafting of press releases, speeches, MEMOs.
- Coordination and oversight of internal communication for the Gaza field office (communication strategy, written material and internal website portal).
- Production of short videos (for UNICEF) on the effects of the energy crisis in Gaza.
- Liaison point for relations with UNRWA offices in Brussels and responsible for developing outreach efforts for campaigns in the European Union.
- Coordination and development of advocacy projects with the Public Information Office in Gaza and the Agency’s country offices in Europe.
- Responsible for advocacy with the EU and GCC donors.
- Coordination with the video production for the Gaza Satellite UNRWA channel and visibility campaigns.
Oct 2012 – Jun 2013
Mediterranean Fellow for the MENA region
Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA)
- Drafting field-based research papers and reports on issues related to security in the Sahel.
- Identifying new topics for research proposals.
- Advocacy and relationship-building with governments, institutions and NGOs in the MENA region.
Oct 2012 – Jun 2013
Freelance Journalist reporting from the Middle East/North Africa
- Freelance journalist specializing on the Middle East/North Africa reporting from Algeria, Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Filed reports and stories on:
- Human rights violations in Syria, human rights violations in Gaza, human rights violations of the Saharawi
- Ield interviews and research on kidnapping case of NGO worker in Algeria
- Interviews with leading Lebanese politicians
- Arms trade show in Jordan (Sofex)
- Security in the Sahel
- NATO in Iraq
2000 – 2001
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
MSc, Economics and Economic History
Università degli studi di Cagliari
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science